The Arctic Dialogue is an information exchange forum initiated by the Alfred Wegener Institute in 2013. The forum offers the opportunity to strengthen and foster an open dialogue between those invested in Arctic research and politics and provide the German Federal Ministries and Agencies access to relevant findings, field experiences and international contacts. The support and further development of this forum is one of the key tasks of the German Arctic Office.
Twice a year, the German Arctic Office, in cooperation with a host Ministry, organizes a meeting covering current issues related to policy and research in the Arctic. Representatives of relevant German Federal Ministries, research institutes and NGO’s attend the meetings.
- Federal Foreign Office
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture
- Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Savety
- Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
- Federal Ministry of Defense
- Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources
- Federal Agency for Nature Conservation
- Umweltbundesamt (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research
- Ecologic Institute
- GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
- German Aerospace Center
- German Institute for International and Security Affairs
- German National Committee SCAR/IASC
- Helmholtz Centre Potsdam – GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences
- Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies
- Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
In the member area of this website, partners in the Arctic Dialogue have access to meeting documents and background papers.
If you require the login details for the internal Arctic Dialog Portal, please contact Lisa Grosfeld (lisa.grosfeld(at)arctic-office.de).
13. Arktisdialog "Wissenschaftskooperationen in der Arktis" in den Nordischen Botschaften